Photo Credit: Beko
We know you’d rather be out in the sun, but we have the perfect rainy day recipe. You can use classic comfort food to turn lunch into a fun activity while you’re stuck indoors. These Spaghetti Meatball Cups are also delicious and easy enough for anyone to make.
This recipe comes from Beko’s “Eat Like a Pro” campaign. They promote healthier food for parents to feed their kids by partnering with FC Barcelona. Check out some of their recipes for the whole family.
Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 4 people
- ¾ lb. spaghetti
- 3 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 ¼ cups marinara
- 1 1/8 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- additional Parmesan and parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss cooled spaghetti with 2 beaten eggs, shredded mozzarella, and ½ cup grated parmesan.
- Grease a muffin tin and nest spaghetti inside. Using the bottom of a small glass, firmly press down to create a well.
- Bake until set.
- While spaghetti cups bake, make meatballs. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, remaining egg, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Roll into balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Brown meatballs, then drain fat. Pour over marinara and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon meatball onto spaghetti nest. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley.
Serve and enjoy!